Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Harry Goes Electro-Violet

First there was Alison Tyler's request that we send her something violet. Well, as a big fan both of AT and of purple hues, I didn't need to be asked twice. Thus my revival of a vintage poster from the heyday of the San Francisco Sound.

And then Alison invited us to send her something violet. My contribution to AT's Purple Prose Parade is called "Harry Goes Electro-Violet," and you can read it now at the H is for Harlot blog.

Great big purple thanks to Alison! And to 1966. And to my Jewish American roots, which inspired me to coin a new Yiddish compound word for one of my favorite things.

2 comments:

EllaRegina said...

And what a compound word it is!

I think Sholem Aleichem ("A bachelor is a man who comes to work each morning from a different direction."), I. B. Singer and Milton (Berle) would be very proud of you.

Jeremy Edwards said...

I. B. delighted by that compliment!