Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Synchronize your oysters!

My oyster-shell watch is set ahead for March 2011 and calibrated for GMT-5. Why? That's when my story "Eastern Daylight Time" will appear in the next anthology from Oysters & Chocolate, Nice Girls, Naughty Sex. This print collection will be published by Seal Press and follows last year's Oysters & Chocolate: Erotic Stories of Every Flavor. And so far I've seen that my story will be synchronized with pieces by Janine Ashbless, Heidi Champa, Annemarie Hartnett, and Kristina Wright. (Who else?)

Thank you, O Oysters!

7 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Nerdish postscript:

Actually, if the book is released between the second and fourth Sundays in March, then Philadelphia (where "Eastern Daylight Time" is set) will be GMT-4, as at that point Philadelphia will be on Daylight Savings Time and Greenwich will not yet be on Summer Time. And if the book comes out prior to the second Sunday in March, then GMT-5 will be correct but Philly will still be on Eastern Standard Time. (The story itself, however, is set safely in June.)

Kristina Wright said...

LOL... love your comment, Jeremy! And so delighted to be sharing space with you in this fabulous collection!

Anonymous said...

Ooh excellent! I was wondering about the roster for this one. Once again I am in great company!

Jeremy Edwards said...

Thanks, KW, and backatcha! I can't wait to read your brilliant contribution.

Jeremy Edwards said...

I'm so pleased you're in this, too, Annemarie! I loved your piece in Coming Together: As One.

Heidi Champa said...

Time zones always confuse me, Jeremy. Thanks for the breakdown.

Happy to be a part of this great collection!! Can't wait to read everyone's stories!!

Jeremy Edwards said...

Time zones always confuse me, Jeremy.

It must be all that displaced Australian football. ; )

Anyway, I know that when I'm reading your story it will be awesome o'clock.